Thursday, August 13, 2009

You're Never Too Old to Look Great

I’m officially down 19.2 pounds at Weight Watchers. This summer’s vacations have definitely discombobulated me. Ironically, I actually lost weight while on the vacations, but re-entry into home life always triggers that mechanism inside me that thinks food will make me feel better. But… I’m still losing (albeit slowly), so that’s good.

I’ve decided I need to get a little more serious about my exercise regimen. In addition to adding two weight-lifting days to my weekly schedule, I’m also planning to increase my running plan. I replaced my worn-out sneakers with Asics Gel Nimbus running shoes (on zappos.com) and joined Map My Run to plot some outdoor routes for variety and challenge.

The shoes arrived at about the same time as this cold/allergy/whatever-it-is, so I’ve yet to try them out, and I’m chomping at the bit to give them a whirl.

Vacation photos are a cruel reminder that while I’ve lost a significant amount of weight, I am not finished yet. In fact, 10 more pounds may not cut it.

My immediate goal is to get my 20-lb. star from Estelle at the next WW meeting. Following that milestone, another 10-lb. drop will take me to my formal “goal,” and I will need to decide at that point if I want to stay put or keep going.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to lose more than 10 pounds, so, rather than fail, I set my sights low. I just can’t visualize being that thin again. Moms aren’t supposed to be thin and sexy, right? If I feel too sexy, maybe I’ll act inappropriately or want to dress like girls half my age. I’m damned to these matronly tankinis now, aren’t I? Shouldn’t my body match?

Ugh… stuck in the muck… how do I get rid of these pesky beliefs?

No comments: