Thursday, July 9, 2009

Week 14 Update

Wow - it's been awhile since I've posted here. I guess you might infer that I've fallen off the wagon, but no, it's not true.

Officially, at Weight Watchers, I am down 18.4 pounds. Unofficially, since I lost a tiny bit before I began the program and I weigh myself nude first thing in the morning, I've lost 20.

Yay, me.

I can tell that my habits have truly changed. Eating better and exercising has become a subconscious thing that just happens every day, whether I intend it or not. Of course, I know for sure that I'm on the edge of a slippery slope, and one false move could send me tumbling down the mountain, quickly and painfully.

I'm convinced that losing weight is really just a mindset. I am not "thinking" fat anymore. I see myself thin. And I am getting thin.

I bought new jeans last month in a smaller size, and this week I had to throw them in a hot dryer to shrink them up to fit. Imagine that.

I have noticed, though, that my body remains untoned, despite my regular running schedule. I've decided to add in (to start) two days a week of weight-lifting to increase my muscle mass and tone my loose parts. I'm a little concerned that it might affect my weight loss efforts, at least in the beginning, but I think it's necessary in order to achieve the body I want to have.

I am going to Mexico in a couple of weeks with my best girlfriend. I already bought two bathing suits, and I think I look pretty damn good in them, considering I felt like a cow in March.

I still hope to reach my goal in September, just in time to perform with the Washington Redskins Cheerleader Alumnae at the Redskins vs. Rams half-time show.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

As stressed as he makes me feel, that's how great I'm going to look!

No comments: