Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting my Groove Back

Okay. So... here's the deal.

I am in Week 3 of my "try to ease into it" phase of food management.

The goal is to move my body a little more, and eat a little bit better, without the commitment to a full-on recovery plan, which I know I'm not ready to make.

I have attended 5 consecutive scheduled classes at the gym without a miss. My instructor notices and comments. My runs are coming along, and my distance is getting closer to my previously consistent 4.5 miles.

I am packing salads and eating at least one really healthful meal each day, with lots of fruits and veggies. Still snacking a little too much.

My weight is stable and maybe creeping down at a snail's pace, but the fact that I've stopped the uphill climb is a victory in itself.

My stomach feels puffed up and my muscle-tone is like jello.

It's a game of chance - what will push me over that edge to a commitment this time? A date? A trip? A number on the scale? The unkind three-way mirrors at Nordstrom?

No comments: